Saturday, November 24, 2012

Friday Feature: Team Me

When I was a couple of years back at a Dutch venue called Doornroosje, I signed up for their mailing list, even though I knew that I wouldn't visit the place too often. They do though have interesting line-ups, from which to discover new good music. Yet, I haven't pushed myself to do that. However, this one band picture caught my eye with its setting to be close to my heart and, perhaps, plain quirky to others.


Photobucket


The reason why I can relate to the photo is that I used to look like that several times a week for many years. Especially, in the same position as the two in front.

What, who, when, where, how and which music genre. I had to find the answers.

As I wandered around their Facebook, the first thing to come into my mind was Of Monsters and Men. It's not about them being a sextet from Scandinavia as well, but the style of the tunes were alike. Indie folk is what I described Norwegian Team Me to be. Until, I listened to their critically acclaimed debut To The Treetops! on Spotify just recently. It was pleasant to realize the diversity they had, as opposed to their Icelandic colleagues. Somewhat similar to Gypsy & The Cat's electro pop, is where it might be leaning more to.

Anyways, what Team Me plays is hitting the indie audience hard. They've already performed at some of the biggest up and coming bands' festivals around Europe, like The Great Escape in Brighton, Reeperbahn in Hamburg and Iceland Airwaves, just to name a few. In addition, NME chose them as one of their 10 new favorite bands after this year's SXSW. If that isn't huge, then a German glass of beer isn't either.

With most of the bands I've featured on this blog, I hope to see Team Me find their way to Finland too. In a while, I honestly haven't been excited of new music like I am of theirs.


No comments:

Post a Comment